Please refer to Starbucks Form 8K Filing on 11/13/13 for the impact of a subsequent event to Starbucks Q4 & FYE13 Statement of Earnings
Starbucks Q4 EPS Rises 37% to a Record $0.63 Per Share
Revenue grows 13% to $3.8 billion with continued strong comp growth of 8% in the Americas and 7% globally; Margins expand in all segments; Consolidated operating margin reaches record 17.6%; Board increases quarterly cash dividend 24% on strong performance and robust outlook
SEATTLE, October 30, 2013 – Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) today reported financial results for its 13-week fiscal fourth quarter and 52-week fiscal year ended September 29, 2013.
Q4 Fiscal 2013 Highlights:
- Total net revenues increased 13% to $3.8 billion
- Global comparable store sales grew 7% driven by a 5% increase in traffic
- 8% comp growth in the Americas and the U.S.
- 2% comp growth in EMEA
- 8% comp growth in China/Asia Pacific
- Consolidated operating income increased 29% to $669 million
- Consolidated operating margin expanded 220 basis points to 17.6%
- Earnings per share increased 37% to $0.63 per share, including a $0.03 non-routine gain on the sale of Starbucks equity in Chile and Argentina joint ventures
- Opened 558 net new stores in the quarter, including the 1,000th store in both China and Japan
- The Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.26 per share, an increase of 24%
Fiscal Year 2013 Highlights:
- Total net revenues increased 12% to $14.9 billion
- Global comparable store sales grew 7%, driven by a 5% increase in traffic
- 7% comp growth in the Americas, driven by 8% comp growth in the U.S.
- Comp sales flat in EMEA, traffic increased 2%
- 9% comp growth in China/Asia Pacific, driven by a 7% increase in traffic
- Consolidated operating income increased 23% to $2.5 billion
- Consolidated operating margin expanded 150 basis points to a record 16.5%
- Earnings per share increased 26% to $2.26 per share, including non-routine gains of $0.03 in Q2 and $0.03 in Q4 on the sale of Starbucks equity in Mexico, Chile and Argentina joint ventures
- Opened 1,701 net new stores in the year; ended fiscal 2013 with 19,767 stores globally
- Returned $1.2 billion to shareholders through dividend payments and share repurchases
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with more than 22,000 stores around the globe, Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit our stores or online at news.starbucks.com and Starbucks.com.
For more information on this news release, contact us.