On Tuesday, March 17, Starbucks will expand Mobile Order & Pay to Seattle and the rest of the Pacific Northwest. The mobile ordering feature allows customers to place an order in advance and pick it up at their selected Starbucks location.
Mobile Order & Pay is seamlessly integrated into Starbucks world-class mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards® loyalty program. The feature, which was first tested in Portland, is expanding to customers with the Starbucks® app for iPhone® and will be available at approximately 650 locations in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Alaska. Starbucks plans to continue a national roll out throughout 2015.
Mobile Order & Pay Details
Store locations appear based on the GPS functionality of a customer’s iPhone®. Upon first use, customers will be asked to accept location services, allowing Starbucks to identify the nearest location offering Mobile Order & Pay. If customers choose not to accept location services, they will not be able to use the Mobile Order & Pay feature, but will have access to the Starbucks® Mobile Menu.
To use Mobile Order & Pay:
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Just as in-stores, beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available, if needed
4. Confirm by clicking, “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card
5. Proceed to the selected Starbucks® store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are immediately sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items
For more information on this story, contact us