We call our employees partners because we are all partners in shared success. Every partner at every level of the company is eligible to receive an annual grant of company stock through our Bean Stock program.
• We are proud to be one of the most progressive employers in the U.S. We believe we’ve earned this designation because we openly value and respect each partner and acknowledge that our success would not be possible without the contributions they make on a daily basis.
• People want to work at Starbucks because we are a different kind of company that believes in and leads with our values. We are a place where people can connect to something bigger and make an impact every day when they come into work.
• Our culture values and respects diversity and inclusion, and our goal is to create a place where everyone can be a leader. A place where people can acquire the skills that will help them succeed in whatever career they may ultimately pursue.
• Starbucks offers comprehensive benefits packages to eligible partners working at least 20 hours per week. We fund approximately 70 percent of premium costs and cover 100 percent of preventive care services. New in 2014, the company will also fund 100 percent of women’s preventive health coverage.
• We pride ourselves in offering partners flexible work hours. When our partners told us they wanted more work hours and more regular work schedules, we implemented “Optimal Scheduling” during the fall of 2008. The goal was to provide the most working hours to those partners who were available to do so – providing them with the opportunity for more consistent and predictable weekly schedules. It even gives our partners the chance to form relationships with our customers who tell us they enjoy the chance to see their favorite barista regularly. The feedback we’ve received on this new program has been exceptionally positive.
• We offer our partners a fair and competitive wage, and one of the most comprehensive total pay packages in the retail industry. Our total pay package includes affordable health care, company stock, eligibility for merit increases every six months, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, free coffee and a 30 percent in-store discount on beverages, food and merchandise.
Learn more about the partner experience and what it means #tobeapartner:
For more information on this story, contact us