The first taste of a peppermint mocha or whiff of an eggnog latte signals the start of a beloved time of year with the return of Starbucks holiday beverages.
Starbucks baristas share their tips for enjoying a lighter sip of favorite seasonal beverages. They suggest three simple ways to customize holiday beverages, and recommend 10 holiday beverages that are 160 calories or less (based on a tall, 12 fluid ounce serving size).
Ask for fewer pumps of syrup to help reduce the sweetness and calories in any beverage.
Skip the Whip
Request just a little whip or no whip to save between 80 to 110 calories, depending on the size and type of drink.
Make it Skinny
Most handcrafted espresso and Frappuccino® blended beverages can be requested “light” or “skinny,” made with nonfat milk and without whipped cream. A tall skinny latte also meets 30 percent of daily calcium needs.
10 Starbucks Holiday Beverages 160 Calories or Less
1. Spiced Sweet Cream Cold Brew (110 calories): Nariño 70 Cold Brew coffee is slow steeped for 20 hours, then spiced and finished with a float of house-made sweet cream (pictured above).
2. Starbucks Vintage 2016 Christmas Blend Brewed Coffee (5 calories): Every year Starbucks creates this special coffee. This dark roast brewed coffee is layered and rich with vibrant notes of cedary spice.
3. Teavana Joy Brewed Tea (0 calories): This festive blend of black, green jasmine and oolong teas finishes with a delightful hint of apricot.
4. Skinny Peppermint Mocha (120 calories): A light and flavorful combination of espresso, creamy steamed nonfat milk, sugar-free mocha sauce and sugar-free peppermint syrup.
5. Gingerbread Latte with nonfat milk and no whip (160 calories): Sweet and delicately spicy gingerbread flavors mingle with our classic espresso and steamed nonfat milk and topped with ground nutmeg for the perfect holiday touch.
6. Chestnut Praline Latte with almondmilk and no whip (150 calories): Quintessentially festive flavors like caramelized chestnuts and subtle holiday spices mingle with our signature espresso and almond milk over ice.
7. Caramel Brulée Light Frappuccino blended beverage (150 calories): Rich Caramel Brulée sauce blended with Frappuccino® roast coffee, nonfat milk, and ice for a lighter version of this holiday favorite.
8. Eggnog Light Frappuccino blended beverage (140 calories): Creamy eggnog blended with Frappuccino® roast coffee and ice, with subtle spice notes, and a dusting of festive ground nutmeg, all with fewer calories.
9. Gingerbread Light Frappuccino blended beverage (110 calories): Frappuccino Roast coffee blended with gingerbread-flavored syrup, nonfat milk and ice, and topped with ground nutmeg.
10. Skinny Peppermint Hot Chocolate (120 calories): Made with nonfat milk, all the delicious chocolate and peppermint flavors you love, with fewer calories and less sugar.
For more information on this story, contact the Starbucks Newsroom