What’s new on this summer’s Starbucks menu for vegans and vegetarians
There’s even more choice at Starbucks this summer for those looking for vegan and vegetarian options, with a new selection of wraps and sweet bakery items added to the menu, inspired by an American heritage.
Hot on the heels of the BBQ Jackfruit Wrap and the Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Bar, which launched in January 2018 comes another exciting option for vegan or veggie customers. The new Vegan Wrap with Falafel & Slaw features sweet potato falafel, mixed vegetables, rainbow slaw and a tomato salsa.
For a sweet treat, why not try the new Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Cake, with a layer of raspberry icing, decorated with chocolate and dried raspberries.
Also on the menu is the new Veggie New Yorker Sandwich, which is layered with smoky cheddar, pickled vegetables and Thousand Island mustard mayo, packing a fresh and vibrant punch of flavour in every bite.
Customers in the United Arab Emirates can sample new vegetarian options, including the Feta, Lentil and Grilled Vegetable Salad with a pomegranate dressing, and a delicious Kale & Jalapeno Wrap available in all Starbucks stores.
In Spain, the brand new Red Quinoa and Broccoli Salad with Edemame is a refreshing and light lunchtime option, served in a reusable tub making it perfect for picnics.
On the menu in Turkey is a tasty Cheese Toasty with Purple Basil topped with a cheddar cheese and tomato relish. It’s served toasted so the cheese oozes from the sides - this is a modern take on the classic cheese and tomato panini.
Alex Whittle, senior manager for product innovation in food, said: “The most important thing for us to think about when we’re developing new items for our menu for countries around our Europe, Middle East and Africa region, is to create recipes and products that we know taste great and provide a variety of choice for those looking for vegan or vegetarian options. We’ve seen more customers asking us to develop products that cater to their food preferences so we will continue developing a variety of vegan and vegetarian options for everyone to enjoy.”
For those looking for a delicious breakfast, the new American-style Pancakes are ideal, with a choice of maple-flavoured syrup, caramel drizzle or chocolate drizzle.
Or why not try our brand new recipe for our American muffins? We’ve taken our top three flavours, Triple Chocolate, Blueberry and Lemon, and enhanced textures and toppings whilst reducing calories and sugar (between 12% and 26% reduction).
You can find the new summer food range in your local Starbucks store listed below:
- Feta, Lentil and Grilled Vegetable Salad available in the United Arab Emirates
- Kale & Jalapeno Wrap available in the United Arab Emirates
- Cheese Toasty with Purple Basil available in Turkey
- Red Quinoa and Broccoli Salad with Edemame available in Spain
- BBQ Jackfruit Wrap available across the UK, France, Swizerland, Austria and Netherlands
- Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Bar available across the UK, France, Swizerland, Austria and Netherlands
- Vegan Wrap with Falafel & Slaw available in the UK
- Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Cake available in the UK
- California Chicken Wrap available in the UK
- House Chicken Salad available in the UK
- Italian Roast Veggie & Pasta Salad available in the UK
- American-style Pancakes available in the UK
- Triple Chocolate, Blueberry and Lemon muffins available in the UK