Calling all pumpkin heads… Pumpkin Spice Latte is back and it’s vegan-friendly!
Pumpkin Spice Latte (#PSL) fans rejoice: your autumn favourite is back, and it’s now available for vegans.
PSL will return to Starbucks stores across Europe* on Thursday 6th September, marking the start of autumn for all. With a combination of Starbucks Espresso Roast, pumpkin pie flavoured sauce and steamed milk, topped with delicious whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves – the PSL is sure to spice up your season.
And, for the first time ever, the sauce is dairy-free, so it means vegans don’t have to miss out on the PSL’s beloved taste. It also tastes great with a dairy-alternative such as almond or oat, and can be enjoyed hot or iced – ideal for any weather.
From "The Real PSL"
Excited to return to stores, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte said:
“I took some me-time after a busy season last year and I’m looking forward to seeing all my fans again this autumn – it’s my favourite time of year! Whether you like me hot or cold, drinking in or out, I’m ready to spice up your life. Oh, and I’m now available for vegans in some countries around Europe too, without comprising on my deliciousness.”
Get it early
My Starbucks Rewards (MSR) customers can get an exclusive first-taste of PSL a week early before it’s officially available in stores – just purchase via the app or card from Thursday 30th August. MSR gold members can also enjoy the full range of dairy alternatives in Starbucks company-operated stores for free.
Priced from (short-size)
- £3.15 – UK
- €4.05 – Netherlands
- €4.75 – France
- €4.55 – Austria
- Fr. 6.90 – Switzerland
Did you know?
- PSL was created in 2003 by Peter Dukes who was inspired by a taste of pumpkin pie followed by a sip of espresso.
- PSL is one of Starbucks most popular seasonal beverages, having sold more than 200 million cups since it first launched.
- Customers express their #PSL enthusiasm with an average of 3,000 tweets per day during the season.
- PSL joined Twitter as @TheRealPSL in 2014. It now has almost 109,000 followers and has even been proposed to by fans.
- One of the original ideas for the name was “Fall Harvest Latte.”
- PSL was the original beverage code for Pumpkin Spice Latte written by baristas on cups, and soon became the drink’s nickname.
*The new vegan PSL is available in the UK, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Austria, and the classic PSL is available in all other European markets to enjoy.